Tuesday 15 September 2015

Shapes in Math




Dear Mom and Dad:

We continue to work on our daily routines. When I come to school the first thing I do is take off my outdoor, then..... Ask me to tell you my morning routine!

I worked with Mrs. Tuli (assistant principal), Mrs.Jones (music teacher) and Mrs.Southworth (diversity team learning leader). They work with us once a week and we do lots of singing and fun activities with them. 

We continue to practice drawing our shapes in math. Today we drew the 4 shapes and turned them into silly characters!

Today we reviewed the expectations during center time.  At this time, centers is a time for me to work on my social skills and fine motor skills, ask me to tell you what I did at center time today.
During centers, my teachers are observing my social skills and how I work with others.

Question of the day: what shape character did you draw?

Love,
Kindergarten

Housekeeping:

Parents we are trying to teach our students about safety. Please use the marked crosswalks with your children, as well as the pylon crosswalks when picking up and dropping off your child. Thank you for your support.

Please watch this Cranston video with your child about crosswalk safety.

Crosswalk Video

17 comments:

  1. Ali used circle for pacman ,triangle for greedy triangle from the book, rectangle for minions and square for spongebob .

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my triangle shape was my brother Riley when he is angry. I drew pointed eyebrows to show this" -Sienna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaheer used circle for Ultramagnus and pacman....triangle for lazy triangle .... Rectangle for minions.!!
    Have a great evening .... See you all tomorrow !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe drew SpongeBob SquarePants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drew a circle, square, triangle, rectangle and made all of them into silly faces, with the tongue sticking out.
    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drew a circle, triangle, rectangle and square and then put silly faces, hair, hands, feet and diapers on all of them!
    ~ Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lincoln drew 3 characters, he used a circle, a square, and a triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona used a triangle, circle, and square.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah D drew spongebob square pants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Declan drew a two-headed circle monster

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hannah used all shapes to make a peron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kyron drew Sponge Bob with 3D glasses that zap sponges. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nate drew a silly face with his circle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caroline drew Sponge Bob and then a minion with her rectangle

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I can't draw some normal faces. I can't choose a character. I drew a circle, square, triangle, and rectangle. I put a face on it... eyes, but I can't draw a nose because I don't know what shape is the nose. I put some arms in the rectangle." - Eduard

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carmen drew a square and made it into a t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spongebob and a rectangle Minion.
    - Nolan

    ReplyDelete