Tuesday 2 February 2016

Groundhog Day and Prepping for Chinese New Years

Dear Mom and Dad:

It is Groundhog Day! Did you know that Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow. This means that an early spring is emerging!

It is Chinese New Years on Monday February 8! We learned that weeks before Chinese new year, families are preparing for the new year. In kindergarten we will be busy preparing as well! We will be cleaning our classroom and decorating our room with red Chinese decorations. Ask me to tell you why we clean. I can clean at home ;)

We have lots of new centers! Ask me to tell you about some of the new centers.

AM kindergarten learned about the 12 animals in the Chinese Zodiac. PM will learn about this tomorrow. I can find out what animal I am by going to this link.http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/

Question of the day: 

What Chinese zodiac animal are you?

AM kindergarten: We learned about the story “The Great Race” and how the animals were named after each year. Ask me to tell you who was first in the race and which animal was last! Post on the blog from remembering back to our folk story why cats don’t like rats! 

PM kindergarten: Post on the blog some new things that you learned about Chinese New year.

Love,

Kindergarten 

Housekeeping:



14 comments:

  1. My Chinese zodiac animal is the tiger!
    I dont remember why cats don't like rats!
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My animal is the tiger! I learned the Chinese New Year song and also that red brings luck :) -Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  4. My animal is the Tiger. - Zachary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that there is a lion dance for the New Year. -Alana

      Delete
  5. My animal is tiger !!
    I learned chinese new year song .
    Shaheer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My animal is the tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an ox. Cats don't like rats because the rat didn't wake up the cat and so the cat missed the race.
    Kyron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah D said her Chinese zodiac is the Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carsen can't remember why cats don't like rats because he's got the whole table (including himself) in hysterics over him being an Ox! ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caroline is the tiger. She thinks that the reason that rats don't like cats is because the cats eat the rats and that rats trick cats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Declan is a Tiger! The cats eat the rats.

    ReplyDelete